National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM)
Held each October, National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is a national campaign that raises awareness about disability employment issues and celebrates the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. The theme for 2017 is “Inclusion Drives Innovation.” Read MoreIn celebration of National Employment Awareness Month, the DD Council is beginning the preparations for a display at the Capitol Building in Honolulu as well as posting pictures at various businesses, State, and City & County buildings on each island during the month of October.
- Learn More
- The DD Council is looking for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, who are employed or receiving work training skill building at a business and want their picture and story, to be part of a display.
- We would appreciate pictures of people DOING their job – not posing- an action photo if possible.
- The information that is needed along with the picture is the following
- Name of individual
- Place of work
- Job Title and/ or job responsibilities
- How long has individual been there
- Signed Release of Information (Download Here)
- The info will be typed on a separate document. It would be placed under the person’s picture.
We are planning on making 11 in. x 14 in. prints.
- All photos and accompanying document including a completed Release of Information form (see above) should be forwarded to Daintry Bartoldus at the following email address. Daintry.Bartoldus@doh.hawaii.gov
- When sending your photos and other information, please courtesy copy the DD staff from your island Hawaii Island: Jesse Floyd – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Molokai, Lanai, Maui: Roxann Kehus – Roxann.Kehus@doh.hawaii.gov
- Kauai and Oahu: Daintry Bartoldus – Daintry.Bartoldus@doh.hawaii.gov