Microsoft Autism YouthSpark Camp: Minecraft Coding – learn computer science with your favorite game
- Happening every Sunday in February at the Microsoft Store at Ala Moana Center – 1450 Ala Moana Blvd. Suite 2238, Honolulu, HI 96814
- For Ages 13 – 17 – from 8:00 – 10:00am
- In this free camp series, students ages 13 -17 learn key fundamentals of computer programming with Minecraft, using the Microsoft’s MakeCode platform.
- Download the Flyer Here
- Register Now Here. Please register for all 4 sessions.
- A registration form will be emailed to those who register. Please email it back ASAP so it can be return to Microsoft prior to the start of the session.
- This event is limited to the first 10 students.
- Participants should register for all 4 sessions.
- A waiting list is available.
- Families will be notified in the order that they sign up via the contact information provided.
- Please note this event is reserved for member of the Autism Society of Hawaii. Registration is free. Become a member here now.
In the four two-hour sessions, students will:
- Create original coding programs in their own Minecraft world
- Learn new computer science concepts, such as events, coordinates, variables, and conditionals
- Practice using computational, problem solving, and creative thinking skill