- Autism and the Microbiome: a new Stanford University *online* study – a study for children with autism! In this study, they aim to understand the connection between bacteria in the gut and behaviors expressed by children with autism.
- Penn State University Research Team Project Related to How Autism Schools and Parents are successfully treating People with Autism – Parent Survey and/or Teacher Survey
- Boston Child Language Project – a Collaborative Research Program – How Kids Talk Survey
- Research Opportunity – Master’s thesis, titled, “Therapeutic Relationship between Primary Caregivers of School-Aged Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Speech-Language Pathologists: An Electronic Survey.”
- Research Study Opportunity – Help Speed Up Autism Research – Join SPARK Today
- Autism Service Preferences Research Opportunity
- Caregivers of Teen with ASD Research Opportunity – Adolescents’ Thoughts and Feelings
See links for fliers and additional information below. If you are interested in any of the following please contact the respective provider directly.
- Footsteps to Transition: An event for middle and high school students with special needs, with their families, to assist in making a successful transition to adult life and independence.
- Date: October 21, 2017
- Time: 8:30-12:00pm
- Download Flyer Here
- DATE: SUN., OCT. 22, 2017; 4pm-9pm
- PLACE: LOLA’ S Grill & Bar in Honolulu – 1108 Keeaumoku St. 96814
- PARKING: Free validated
- Please join us as we support affected families of Autism…
Encouraging testimonies, free pupus & dessert, Live Music, Dancing,
- Drawing : for diamond ring & other gifts…
- COST: $20.00 per person OR MORE DONATION…
- CHILDREN UNDER 5 FREE… LOLA’S RESERVATIONS: (808) 479-6004
- *************QUESTIONS CONTACT : YVETTE (808)306-5393****************
- 10am-1pm HSYN $30 Other organizations and individuals $45
- Download the Opiod Use and Abuse Flyer Here
- Oahu November 25th
- Big Island December 7th
- Download the Surfers Healing Hawaii Flyer Here
- *** Vendors!! There are a limited number of vendor booths available.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot now. It’s $100 participation fee (this is tax-deductible), must bring own table and chairs, don’t forget to bring an activity for the Keiki. Limited amount of booths available.
We are very much hoping to encourage some agencies who are not currently providing residential treatment for CAMHD to submit proposals to provide this crucial level of care for Hawaii youth. It is RFP 460-18-01 and can be found at: http://gpcprod.spo.hawaii.gov/spo2/health/rfp103f/
7. Footsteps to Transition: An event for middle and high school students with special needs, with their families, to assist in making a successful transition to adult life and independence. Date: October 21, 2017 Time: 8:30-12:00pm (See attached flyer)
Goally is a startup developing a “smart clock” to enhance your child’s ability to perform routine activities of daily living independently. Goally is a stress-reducer for busy parents and a way of helping children develop a sense of mastery and control.
They are currently seeking beta testers to test a prototype Goally for 2 weeks (zero cost) and provide feedback. Beta volunteers should:
- Have a child with autism between the ages of 5 and 18
- Be willing to provide feedback by phone and via the app during the test period
Go to https://goally.co/AS002 to sign up and learn more.