- Research Study Opportunity – Help Speed Up Autism Research – Join SPARK Today
- Autism Service Preferences Research Opportunity
- Caregivers of Teen with ASD Research Opportunity – Adolescents’ Thoughts and Feelings
See links for fliers and additional information below. If you are interested in any of the following please contact the respective provider directly.
Goally is a startup developing a “smart clock” to enhance your child’s ability to perform routine activities of daily living independently. Goally is a stress-reducer for busy parents and a way of helping children develop a sense of mastery and control.
They are currently seeking beta testers to test a prototype Goally for 2 weeks (zero cost) and provide feedback. Beta volunteers should:
- Have a child with autism between the ages of 5 and 18
- Be willing to provide feedback by phone and via the app during the test period
Go to https://goally.co/AS002 to sign up and learn more.
Held each October, National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is a national campaign that raises awareness about disability employment issues and celebrates the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. The theme for 2015 is “My disability is one part of who I am.”
Department of Labor Press Release at the following link: http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/odep/ODEP20150853.htm
In honor of National Employment Awareness Month, the DD Council is beginning the preparations for a display at the Capitol Building in Honolulu during the month of October 2015
The DD Council is looking for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, who are competitively employed and want their picture and story, to be part of a display.
In putting together the display we will be prioritizing individuals who have not been part of the display in the past.
We would appreciate pictures of people DOING their job – not posing- an action photo if possible.
The information that is needed along with the picture is the following:
- Name of individual
- Place of work
- Job Title and/ or job responsibilities
- Work part-time or full-time
- How long has individual been working at current employment?
- Signed Release of Information – HERE
The info will be typed on a separate document. It would be placed under the person’s picture.
We are planning on making 11 in. x 14 in. prints.
All photos and accompanying document including a completed Release of Information form (see attached) should be forwarded to Daintry Bartoldus at the following email address. Daintry.Bartoldus@doh.hawaii.gov
When sending your photos and other information, please c.c. me in your email to Daintry Bartoldus
The group Citizens for a Fair Americans with Disabilities Act Ride (CFADAR) is having their quarterly meeting with Oahu Transit Services (OTS)/TheBus and Para Transit Services (TheHandi-van), the Honolulu City’s Department of Transportation Services (DTS), at the following:
- Date: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
- Time: 9:45 to 11:45AM
- Location: The Hawaii State Capital 2nd Floor Room 229
- Address: 415 South Beretania Street