Thank You to Our Community Partners…DOE, HCCF/BTSH, LDAH and many more.
Following you will find information and links to register for the Autism Society of Hawaii (ASH) events. Click on the name of the event to download the flyer. Please be sure to check our Facebook page as well for last minute updates and additional information. You can also email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org if want a flyer for a specific event or have addition questions.
The Autism Society of Hawaii & BTSH Presents:
Fall Monthly Groups
All Groups At: Behavioral Therapeutic Services of Hawaii (BTSH)
550 Kunehi St. #205 Kapolei, 96707
- Download Flyer Here
- Sibshops: focused on siblings of children with special needs, increases mindfulness of specific sibling issues (2nd and 4th Friday 6pm-7pm)
- Lego Group: focused on attending to task, communication and socialization (2nd and 4th Friday from 7pm-8pm)
- Teen Asperger Group: geared for children in middle and high school, support is provided to guide activities to assist with socialization, communication and increased awareness (2nd and 4th Friday from 8pm-9pm)
- Young Adult Asperger Group: specifically for young adults on the spectrum ages 19+, this group does activities in the community, members take turn coordinating events with the other members, each person is responsible for the costs of their activity, support is provided. Please email email@example.com to assess if this group is a good match.
Group Leaders: Jennifer Asperilla, MA, Supervisor Dr. Jana Ortiz Ph.D.
*** All groups are 6 sessions beginning Fall Intersession (Oct. 13th, 27th, Nov. 10th, 24th, Dec. 8th, 22nd). If you are not registered by the 3rd class please wait for the next session. Insurance may be utilized for each group or it will be $25. If all 6 sessions are paid for there will be a discounted rate of $100. All insurances are accepted. If you do not have insurance arrangements can be made. Please fill out the registration forms prior to coming. Email Ghia if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are less than 3 children registered the group will be cancelled.
- Insurance may be utilized for each group or it will be $25. If all 6 sessions are paid for there will be a discounted rate of $100. All insurances are accepted, including Quest. If you do not have insurance arrangements can be made. Please fill out the registration forms prior to coming. Email Ghia if you have any questions: email@example.com.
- Download Flyer Here
- October 21st, 2017
- 11:00am (Check in at 10:45am)
- 3-5971 Kuhio Highway, Kapaa, HI 96746
- Download the Flyer Here
- The Wailua River is known as “the only navigable river” in all Hawaii. The river’s fresh water pours down from Mt. Wai‘ale‘ale, one of the wettest spots on the planet. Lands along the river were the sacred capital of ancient Kauai and the birthplace of the island’s ali‘i, or royalty.
- The Fern Grotto is a geological wonder of Kauai. Ferns grow upside down from the roof of the grotto, which was formed millions of years ago. Native Hawaiian plants and colorful exotic tropical plants provide a rain-forest atmosphere. At the Fern Grotto landing, you’ll enjoy a short nature walk through the rainforest to the lush Fern Grotto.
- See https://www.smithskauai.com/fern-grotto/
- 40 Complimentary Tickets! Please register through the link below by October 19th!
- Option available to picnic at the garden after the tour for $3 per adult and $1.50 per child. Families would bring their own food and supplied. There is no need to RSVP for this, payment is done on site to the facility.
- Thank you Lindsey Shepherd for organizing this event!
Please email Jessica if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Maximum 35) – new location in Aiea
- $75 per person
- Paint a one-of-a-kind picture of your dog, cat, iguana, fish etc. Led by local art instructors, guests paint on bare 16-by-20-inch canvases using paint and brushes provided by the studio.
- Must provide the studio with a picture of your pet prior to the event. *** makes a great Christmas present
- Must be 12+, great for adults too, please invite others to join!
- ***Sign up’s coming soon
- Download the Sensory Film Kapolei Flyer
- $7 per person ticket price includes two pieces of cheese pizza, fruit punch and tokens
- Maximum 150
- Manoa Grand Ballroom –November 11, 2017 (6:00pm-9:30pm) located at 2454 S Beretania St. (5th Floor) Honolulu, HI 96826
- Event – Students with special needs are sometimes not able to participate in their school dance because they are shy, scared or there is a sensory over load. This will assist them in building their confidence in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. All high school students who have special needs are welcome to attend! They are able to invite peers to attend with them.
- Cost – Event fee is $30.00 per student and $45 per adult. Register through: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aloha-winter-ball-2017-a-night-in-candy-land-tickets-38454562632 OR mail a check payable to the Autism Society of Hawaii (please write Winter Ball 2017 and your child’s name in the memo line).
- Attire Options (Formal attire is not necessary, these are made available by community partners!)
- Phil’s Tuxedo is offering a discount for the entire outfit: coat, pants, standard shirt, open back vest or cummerbund, any tie. Drop by Phil’s Tuxedo location to get fitted. The store has moved to a new location: 1269 South Bertania Street. For classes with 3+ students being fitted, someone can go to the class to measure all the students during school. Mention the “Autism Society of Hawaii – Aloha Winter Ball” for the discount, $79 or $99 depending on the style.
- Do’s Formal is offering 50% off regular price dresses. Mention the “Autism Society of Hawaii – Aloha Winter Ball” for the discount.
- Bella Project is also available to assist with prom dresses: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bella-project-dress-giveaway-fall-2017-tickets-37521510849?aff=ehomecard#tickets
- Hair and Make-up – There will be hair and make-up offered FREE at 5pm! Please confirm your spot on Eventbrite and a specific time will be emailed to you.*** Each child will receive a wristlet or boutonniere, there will be a Flip-Book and Photobooth, as well as various entertainment by Dance Junction, Usaburo Mendenhall-Ukulele and more TBA! Formal pictures will be available as an optional purchase by cash or check on site.Please RSVP Here by November 1st – More detailed information will be emailed to those who RSVP.
- Download the 2017 Winter Ball Scholarship Form Here and
- Download the 2017 Aloha Winter Ball Flyer Here
- Download Flyer Here
- December 2nd, 2017 – 9:30am (entrance at 8:45am) – Mililani – Consolidated Theaters located at 95-1249 Meheula Pkwy. Mililani, HI 96789
- Children on the Autism Spectrum are FREE
- Parent tickets are $10, Siblings who are not on the Autism Spectrum are $5
- A minimum of 100 seats are required to have this screen. RSVP’s required by 11/27/17.
- Here is the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCz4mQzfEI
- Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite at:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sensory-friendly-film-disneys-coco-tickets-38468374945
- stops for ice (pay your own), bounce house and bubbles for the kids prior from 10:30am-12:00pm
- Register Here
- Sensitive Santa and Quiet Hour at Toys R Us at Pearlridge Mall, Dates TBA!
- See all events here on our website or our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Autism-Society-of-Hawaii-175746405791960/ Like our FB page, and sign up for our newsletter, to stay up to date and receive notifications of added events!
Please be sure to check our Facebook page as well for last minute updates and additional information. On EventBrite – https://www.eventbrite.com/d/hi–honolulu/events/ an event can be found by searching for Autism Society of Hawaii, or you can also contact Jessica at email@example.com or (808) 368-1191 if want a flyer for a specific event or have addition questions.